Orders, pricing, invoicing and payment
- You shall, upon and subject to credit approval by Verizon, purchase the Wandera Services (Services) by selecting the appropriate SKU in Verizon pricebook AND completing a service request form specifying the specific Service SKU, quantity, price, initial term duration, total purchase price, billing frequency, contract reference if any, and any other special instructions (“Service Request”). Each Service Request must be signed or (in the case of electronic transmission) sent by an authorized representative
- Fees will appear on your Verizon Wireless (VZW) bill as line item charges in accordance with the Services and billing frequency you have selected on the Service Request.
- You agree to provide a Service Request Form to purchase additional licenses if the number of actual distinct users (as shown by Wandera’s traffic logs) exceeds the number of licensed users from time to time.
- If you de-enrol from the Verizon Billing, on Behalf of Program, block Wandera charges from VZW billing or your service relationship with VZW is terminated by VZW, you agree that VZW may invoice you for any remaining unbilled contract value.
- Wandera reserves the right to invoice you directly in the event that VZW is unable to invoice you for the Wandera Services for any reason.
- You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable license to download, install and use the executable form of the Wandera software (the ‘Software’) and to make the Software available to your end users.
- As long as you have paid all applicable fees, Wandera will provide the Services as requested by you in the Services Request; provide all updates commercially released by Wandera; and use its reasonable commercial endeavors to resolve technical problems identified with the Service. Wandera does not provide technical support for any third-party hardware or software.
- You recognise that information sent to and from your end users will pass through Wandera’s systems and accordingly you undertake to comply (and ensure that your end users comply) with all relevant legislation applicable to use of the Internet.
- Wandera reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Services in order to determine whether a violation of this Agreement has occurred or to comply with the End User Agreement or any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Wandera, its Affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, consultants, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right.
- It is your responsibility to notify your end users that their mobile traffic may be monitored, and advise them of your acceptable usage policy. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary consents from any end users of the Services.
- From time to time, Wandera performs scheduled maintenance to update the servers and software that are used to provide the Services. Wandera will make all reasonable attempts to notify you in advance of any planned downtime or scheduled maintenance
Third party content
- In using the Services, you may access content, products and services provided by third parties. Wandera does not control these third parties or their links, and Wandera is not responsible for the content, products, materials or practices of any third party. You acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. You agree that Wandera is not responsible or liable for the availability of such third-party websites or resources; the content, quality, nature, reliability, advertising, products or services on or available from such websites or resources as accessible through use of the Services; or any opinions, advice, offers or other information on or available from such websites or resources.
- You should refer to the policies posted by other websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that Wandera is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which you may incur from dealing with any third party.
- We will only process data supplied to us or otherwise obtained by us in connection with this Agreement (the “Service Data”) to the extent and in such manner as is necessary for the provision of the Services under this Agreement or is required by law or any regulatory body. The parties acknowledge that Wandera will only process such data as a data processor on your behalf.
- We shall ensure that our employees who have access to the Contract Data for the purpose of this Agreement have undergone appropriate training in the care and handling of personal data.
- You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Services, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data. You further agree to comply with any instructions concerning access to and/or use of the Services that Wandera may issue from time to time.
- Wandera warrants that the Services, when properly installed and properly used, will substantially conform to the Service Description. This warranty is made solely to the Customer and is not transferable to any end user or other third party. Your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty shall be, at Wandera’s option, prompt correction of any error or nonconformity; or termination of this Agreement and return of the portion of the service fees paid to Wandera by you for such non-conforming Services.
- Wandera shall have no liability for breach of warranty under this Section or otherwise for breach of this Agreement if such breach arises directly or indirectly out of or in connection with: (i) any third party hardware software, services or system(s); (ii) any unauthorized modification or alteration of the Services or related software; (iii) any unauthorized or improper use or operation of the Services.
- Because of the continuous evolution of the sophistication of network threats and infrastructure technologies, Wandera does not make, and it is acknowledged that Wandera cannot make any warranty or representation that any system attack or impacting incident will be detected or prevented.
- You acknowledge that the Services are not designed or intended by Wandera for use or resale in, or for incorporation into products or services used in high risk activities. Wandera specifically disclaims any express or implied warranty of any kind with respect to the use of the Services in connection with any high risk activity.
Support Service Levels
- Support services are available through Wandera’s Technical Helpdesk, which is operational 24 hours/day, seven days a week. Upon reporting the incident (via the telephone +1 415 906 5217 or email to email@example.com), the incident will be assigned a unique support ID number, which should be quoted in future correspondence.
Limitation of liability
- All liability of Wandera, its Affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers collectively for claims arising under this Agreement or otherwise howsoever arising shall be limited to the value of the Services under this Agreement during the 12 month period preceding the event or circumstances first giving rise to such liability. This limitation of liability is cumulative and not per incident (i.e. the existence of two or more claims will not enlarge this limit).
- In no event shall either party or its Affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages, or lost revenue, lost profits, or lost or damaged data, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if such party has been informed of the possibility thereof. This subsection shall not apply in relation to damages resulting from your breach of the applicable license provisions.
- Except for the obligation to pay monies due and owing, neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure in performance due to events outside the defaulting party’s reasonable control, including without limitation acts of God, earthquake, actions of governmental entities, riots, war, terrorism, fire, epidemics, or delays of common carriers. The obligations and rights of the defaulting party shall be extended for a period equal to the period during which such event prevented such party’s performance.
Term and termination
- The term for the performance of the Services shall be specified on the Service Request, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall automatically renew for a further 12-month period unless cancelled by providing no less than 60 days’ notice of cancellation prior to the expiry of the existing Term as specified on the Service Request.
- This Agreement and the Services may be terminated immediately by either party upon written notice:
- if the other party materially breaches any provision of this Agreement and the breach is not capable of being cured or if the breaching party fails to cure such breach within 30 days after being required to do so by the party not in breach; or
- if: (i) the other party ceases to carry on business as a going concern; or (ii) the other party becomes or may become the object of the institution of voluntary or involuntary proceedings in bankruptcy or liquidation; or (iii) a receiver or similar officer is appointed with respect to the whole or a substantial part of the other party’s assets; or (iv) an event similar to any of the foregoing occurs under applicable law with respect to the other party; or
- if so directed by a court or competent authority.
- Wandera shall have the right to suspend or terminate the Services, and to take such defensive action as it considers necessary in the event of any attack upon the Services. An attack is a deliberate third party action that significantly affects the Services, e.g. a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.
- If one or more terms of this Agreement becomes or is declared to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, each such term shall be null and void and shall be deemed deleted from this Agreement. All remaining terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if this paragraph is invoked and, as a result, the value of this Agreement is materially impaired for either party, as determined by such party in its sole discretion, then the affected party may terminate this Agreement by written notice with immediate effect to the other.
- This Agreement may be entered into, extended, renewed or amended by electronic means by accepting terms and conditions on-line and the provisions of any such extension, renewal or amendment shall for all purposes be legally enforceable and binding on the parties as if the Agreement were entered into, extended, renewed or amended in writing and signed by all parties. This Agreement shall be deemed signed and thus the terms hereof agreed to, if you click on the ‘Accept’ button and thereby accept this Agreement. All references to writing in this Agreement shall be deemed to include any on-line acceptance, and all references to signature shall include on-line acceptance. You waive any challenge to the validity or enforceability of this Agreement or any renewals, extensions or amendments to this Agreement or the terms of any of the foregoing on the grounds that the terms of any agreement, renewal, extension or amendment were presented on-line or electronically or acceptance of such agreement renewal, extension or amendment was electronically transmitted or accepted.
- These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
Appendix 1 : Service Description
Wandera offers two core solutions for Verizon customers looking to get more from their mobility programs.
Helps you get visibility and management over your mobile fleet’s data activity at home and when roaming.
Mobile Expense Management
Gain the ability to not only understand what’s driving your next data bill, but how to control it too.
- Open the “black box” of your data bills and understand mobile data usage on a granular level.
- Manage your company data pool, eliminate overages and bill shock through real-time data alerts and caps.
- Restrict data hungry apps and other undesirable content through sophisticated blocking functionality that filters by app or content type.
- Optimize data performance for mobile with advanced acceleration techniques and compression.
Create and enforce rules about which behaviors, sites and apps are considered acceptable.
- Fully customizable rules around what sites and applications can and cannot be used as well as where they can be used and when.
- Boost productivity, by limiting access to sites and resources that may drain time and resources such as social networking sites or online gambling.
Provides enterprise-grade compliance features to minimize risk from unacceptable usage or mobile security risks.
Mobile Device Compliance
A multi-level solution that protects your data by detecting and defending against threats to employee devices, as well as providing you with full real-time visibility and actionable intelligence.
- App discovery
By scanning the applications installed on the device, Wandera can identify any apps with improper permission levels or those that might be leaking sensitive data. Malicious apps can be analyzed in real-time, providing zero-day threat detection.
- Mobile risk & vulnerability
Keeping devices secure requires constant scanning for vulnerabilities. Wandera can detect when devices can be exploited, such as when they are in a risky state, or if there are patchable holes in the operating system.
- Network security
Wandera can monitor each device’s network connection activity, meaning rogue or suspicious Wi-Fi hotspots can be identified in an instant. Communication with risky sites can be isolated and untrustworthy connections can be blocked.
- Device behavioral anomalies
Analysis of unusual configurations and unexpected behaviors helps reveal potential risks. Wandera surveys for usage spikes, location changes, modifications to apps and other anomalies to uncover and prevent new threats.
Allows your company to take control of mobile risk by proactively limiting access to known risks and preventing problems before they arise.
- Get visibility into your mobile fleet’s actions (in real time), with detailed intelligence at the device, data and network level on the easy to use RADAR portal.
- Restrict downloads and block access to unapproved app stores to prevent downloads of rogue applications, reducing the risk of data leaks.
- Set up proactive filters and restrict end user activity across websites, URLs and applications to block risky content and prevent connections to untrustworthy domains.
- Reduce exposure, blocking access to file-sharing services to prevent unwanted risky data uploads.
- Reduce legal liability, and protect yourself against rogue employees visiting illegal or dangerous domains.
- Extend policy coverage with +WiFi giving visibility and control over usage taking place once users connect to mobile hotspots.
How Wandera works
The Wandera solution includes an application installed on employee devices and an online portal for admins to configure, analyze and control corporate mobile fleets. Data is vectored from the device to Wandera’s web gateway for mobile, granting admins complete visibility into how work-assigned devices are being used. This gateway also means threats can be detected and eliminated before they even reach the device, and access to certain apps or categories can be filtered at the data level.
End user app
The tamper-resistant Wandera application is installed on employee smartphones and tablets, and actively monitors the device and flags unusual behavior. It also provides employees with real-time analytics on their own usage, and doesn’t drain battery life or hamper user experience.
Wandera’s web gateway for mobile acts as an in-line cloud proxy, scanning data in real-time to analyze usage and detect and block security threats.
Analysis and control
MI:RIAM correlates the billions of daily mobile inputs and powers a unique set of advanced machine learning techniques to build up a detailed view of each mobile data request and the associated security threat.
Reporting & API
The RADAR management portal includes powerful controls and easy management for admins, including reports on security and data usage.
An optional component of the Wandera infrastructure, this connects with your EMM/MDM solution to provide additional data for analysis, as well as offering a seamless, integrated way to deploy the Wandera app.
Reduce any privacy concerns by anonymizing users in reporting dashboards. This optional functionality assigns each employee with a randomized ID, obscuring the names of staff from IT admins.
A component of the Compliance offering, this feature is available only for certain devices and operating systems. The +WiFi feature extends the visibility and control of Wandera beyond mobile data connections, offering organizations the ability to also analyze and filter activity on Wi-Fi connections.
Export security insights and events into your existing SIEM platform, seamlessly integrating your mobile data security system with your enterprise-wide workflows.
Wandera works across all carriers, and is available on more than 90% of devices including iOS, Samsung Android and Windows 10 Mobile. For a more detailed description of which products we can support, visit https://wandera2018.wpengine.com/why-wandera/features/device-support/.
While Wandera does not actively alter the data transferred through the services, it does however make certain technical modifications. Such modifications include, but are not limited to, reducing image resolution, reducing video resolution, blocking traffic, and optimizing text-based payloads. These modifications are an integral part of the service and you hereby acknowledge and agree to them. If you do not agree to these modifications, please do not use the service.
Your dealings with any wireless, telecommunications or other carrier (“Carrier”) in connection with the services are solely between you and the Carrier. Wandera is not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings. You are solely responsible for, and Wandera will not have any liability to you for, any access or usage charges charged by a Carrier related to any device, including without limitation any data charges for handheld devices.
Certain applications may not respect settings in the device configuration profile or may utilize alternative non-web protocols that could result in traffic passing outside of the services remit, and therefore would not be monitored or protected. Please refer to our Wandera Customer Knowledgebase for a comprehensive breakdown of unsupported ports, protocols and applications, as updated from time to time.
If an end user’s mobile data request is blocked within the browser, the service will normally deliver a blocked page. If the request is via an app, the app will be unable to complete its web requests successfully. The administrator can also set up alerts to be delivered via email.
The availability and functionality of the service depends on various factors and elements, including software, hardware and communication networks, which are partially provided by third parties. We do not warrant or guarantee that the service will operate without disruption, limitations, delays, errors or interruptions, or that it will be accessible, or available at all times, or immune from unauthorized access or error-free.